C3 FAQs – If you have a question that is not already listed please contact the con coordinator at email@example.com
- How much does the Creatures, Crimes and Creativity (C3) Con cost? The early bird special is $265 until February 28, 2020 for the full 3-day con. Beginning March 1, 2020 it will cost $285 for the full 3-day con. One day registration is $140 for the early bird and will then go to $150.
- So is this a writer’s conference? Yes and No, we have designed this as an opportunity for readers and writers to meet in an informal atmosphere, and both groups should have fun both learning about writing and learning about the writers and books they write! There will be panels specifically for the craft of writing and other panels specifically to engage and entertain fans.
- Who should attend the C3 Con? Anyone can attend this con. If you are a fan of genre fiction novels you will have a great time! If you are an author who writes genre fiction, this con is for you too, and that includes all sub genre as well. Also, categories like Christian, Romance, Young Adult genre fiction etc. will fit in well here. In fact, all authors are welcome because there will be many discussions about writing and the business of writing.
- Where is the con held? The con will be held at the Sheraton Columbia Town Center, Columbia, MD. The hotel is convenient to the Baltimore-Washington International Airport.
- How long is the C3 con? The con will run from noon Friday until noon on Sunday.
- Are meals included? YES. All meals from Friday dinner through Sunday breakfast are included in the full registration price.
- Are the Master Classes included? YES. All of the panels, classes etc. are included in the full registration price.
- Is the hotel cost included? NO. You must make your reservation for your own room. Rooms at the Sheraton have been discounted to $129 a night, and there are several other lodging options nearby.
- Why should fans want to attend? This is a chance to meet some of your favorite writers, and find new talents who write what you like to read. You will enjoy panels about the books and characters you love and get an inside view of the authors at panel discussions and interviews. And you might even win a prize like a new Kindle If you participate in the twitter contest by tweeting our hashtag #MDC3CON.
- Where and how do I register? All registrations will be on line. Go to the registration tab of this website and follow the instructions to register.
FOR PUBLISHED AUTHORS
- Can I be on a panel? AFTER you pay the registration fee, you will be contacted about panel assignments. Currently expectations are that every attending author will be on a panel or two. All registered authors will also be included in the mass author signings we have on Friday and Saturday evening prior to dinner.
- Can I sell my books? NO personal sales will be allowed. However if you are a paid, registered attendee, our author liaison will contact you to get your book information and have your book available at our on-site book store. If your books are available through normal distribution channels they will be ordered. If not, you may be able to arrange with the con bookstore to have your books on consignment. And the con web site will carry your name and a link to your web site.
- Can I advertise in the con brochure? Yes, see all of the information for advertising on the advertisement page.